So this week’s travel theme, posted by Where’s My Backpack, is signs. As she says in her post, they come in all shapes and sizes. I’m a bit infatuated with signs, especially signs from different countries, and have tons of pictures of signs. However, the more I looked at my photos the less inspired I became.
As I was perusing my photos, I came across my photo documentation of my experience at Jon Stewart‘s Rally to Restore the Sanity and Stephen Colbert‘s March to Keep Fear Alive in Washington DC on October 30, 2010. The crowds were massive.
It dawned on me that this was the perfect set of photos to demonstrate my take on signs – – – –
“Signs of the times” Straight from our nations Capitol… Signs that demonstrate freedom of speech, freedom of expression and the freedom to completely confuse everyone around you… I hope you enjoy some of my favorite signs from the rally.
To become self-aware, people must be allowed to hear a plurality of opinions and then make up their own minds. They must be allowed to say, write and publish whatever they want. Freedom of expression is the most basic, but fundamental, right. Without it, human beings are reduced to automatons.
- News about the rally (The Guardian)
- Best signs from the rally (BuzzFeed)
- Travel Theme: Signs (windagainstcurrent.com)
- Wrong sign (thirdeyemom.com)
- Travel Theme: Signs (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Signs (imissmetoo.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wrong (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wrong (smkelly8.com)