The Hostel Bookers 7 Super Shots photo challenge was held in January 2012. I wasn’t blogging back then but someone sent me the link thinking I might enjoy the challenge and they were correct. The photos highlighted on that site were amazing. I’m not competing in the contest obviously, but it was just a fun way to go back over some of the photos I have taken over the past few years and see what would fit where in each of the following 7 categories.
Even though I know that the contest is over, and you should also be aware of this, I wanted to participate whole-heartedly in this past contest that will reap me no reward other than my own personal satisfaction. So here goes. I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them and revisiting them.
For the purpose of the contest I had to choose 7 of my own photos, one for each of the following categories:
- A photo that…takes my breath away
- A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
- A photo that…makes me dream
- A photo that…makes me think
- A photo that…makes my mouth water
- A photo that…tells a story
- A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
The original contest also stipulated that you should nominate/include (5) other blogs that you felt were worthy of this challenge. I wanted to show homage to some of my favorite photo and food blogs that have inspired and motivated me to keep posting. It is my humble opinion that these specific blogs are pretty awesome and I feel each fits into one or more of the following categories.
I like some of the following blogs for their amazing photographs and style, others for their incredible wit and ability to entertain. Other’s largely because they offer guidance on some topics I am interested in, like food, travel and photography reviews. Finally, I feel these particular blogs have something to contribute to the blogging world and the world in general. So in no particular order, here are some of my favorites. I will probably edit the list to add more, but these are just off the top of my head. Thanks for reading all.
- 7 Super Shots (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Seven Super Shots Photo Challenge (themidwestmaven.wordpress.com)
- 7 Super Shots Photo Challenge (thekatekeeper.wordpress.com)
- 7 Super Shots by Hostelbookers (chrystal-clear.com)
- Seven Super Shots (huntingforbliss.wordpress.com)
- Photo Friday: 7 Super Shots (nodnsmile.com)