“Every once in a while, people need to be in the presence of things that are really far away.” ― Ian Frazier
This week’s photo challenge is guest hosted by Brian Cooney. It is a theme that has so many options. Near and far … far and near.. it’s all perspective. I have grown up with difficultly distinguishing the depth and distance of objects. My entire life my parents just thought I was clumsy.. and to a point that probably was true.
My first impulse was to only do visual representations of near and far, but after getting off of the phone with my daughter and granddaughter it dawned on me how many more takes on near and far one could have. So my first photo is my most deeply touching impression of how near and yet how far something can be.
Skype conversation with my daughter and grand-daughter.
My next couple of shots I love because they almost give me vertigo. Considering my problems with depth perception they really exemplify near and far… how far one could fall if they misunderstand where the next step starts. I also find it interesting how shooting down a set of stairs seems so much more intimidating that up a set of stairs.
These final shots are all examples of near and far to me from different view points. I hope you enjoy.
“There’s something about sitting alone in the dark that reminds you how big the world really is, and how far apart we all are. The stars look like they’re so close, you could reach out and touch them. But you can’t. Sometimes things look a lot closer than they are.” ― Kami Garcia
Last perspective on Near and Far.. is time and place.. Tomorrow can seem like it’s so far away and yet running into someone you knew 20 years ago can bring back those days and make them seem like they happened only yesterday. What does near and far really mean? Is it really only perspective?
Rules —New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (smkelly8.com)
- Weekend Photo Challenge: Near & Far (prodigalpaul.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: near and far. (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Near and Far (katiedaisy921.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Near and Far (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Near and Far (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge : near and far (timetobeinspired.wordpress.com)