Peace is Possible
International Day of Peace celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2011. Although it was first celebrated in 1982, it was established in 1981.
The following photos and songs exemplify peace to me or at the very least leave me with peaceful feelings. During my travels through Korea, China, Cambodia, Thailand and Peru I found several photographic examples that were white or represented peace. I hope you enjoy.
Sooner or later all the people of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace, and thereby transform this pending cosmic elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood. If this is to be achieved, man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. – MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR
There never was a good war, or a bad peace. – BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
Peace can become a lens through which you see the world. Be it. Live it. Radiate it out. Peace is an inside job. – WAYNE DYER
After a long, hopeless war, people will settle for peace, at almost any price. -SALMAN RUSHDIE
If you don’t know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he’s just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It’s one world, pal. We’re all neighbors. – FRANK SINATRA
Find peace in where and what you are. – CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI
At the heart of happiness lies peace. It is the last and the highest attainment of the soul. – HUGH BLACK
If you don’t have peace, it isn’t because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you. – JOHN C. MAXWELL
Peace is Possible
We’re trying to sell peace, like a product, you know, and sell it like people sell soap or soft drinks. And it’s the only way to get people aware that peace is possible, and it isn’t just inevitable to have violence. Not just war — all forms of violence. People just accept it … [but] We’re all responsible for everything that goes on, you know, we’re all responsible for Biafra and Hitler and everything. So we’re just saying “SELL PEACE” — anybody interested in peace just stick it in the window. It’s simple but it lets somebody else know that you want peace too, because you feel alone if you’re the only one thinking “wouldn’t it be nice if there was peace and nobody was getting killed.” So advertise yourself that you’re for peace if you believe in it.
If you would like to join in this travel theme in honour of the International Day of Peace, here’s what to do:
- Travel Theme: White (joycannis.wordpress.com)
- International Day of Peace; Travel Theme: White (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: White (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: White (Peace) 9-21-12 (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Statement by Honourable Richard Onyonka, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs on the Commemoration of International Day of Peace Held on 21st September, 2012 at Unon Grounds, Gigiri (appablog.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: White (laavventura.wordpress.com)
- Rotary clubs celebrate International Day of Peace with riverfront walk (blogs.windsorstar.com)
- What It Would Be Like Without Peace (tracyconstantinephotographer.wordpress.com)
- International Day of Peace (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- Secretary-General’s Message for 100-Day Countdown to International Day of Peace 2012 (peacewick.wordpress.com)