Where’s my backpack has inspired another great weekly photo challenge – Solitary. The first impressions that came to my mind were of sad, lonely people. My second was of single people.. you know people without partners.
However, as I perused my stash of photos the images that kept popping back up were of children, apparently unattended — all by themselves. Now when I grew up it was not that unusual for parents to let their children “run wild” and as children my sisters and I used to spend an entire day playing in our neighborhood without any parental supervision. It’s really not that way now adays — except in other countries.
Sometimes the children were merely left unattended to play and roam as my friends, siblings and I did so long ago. Other times the children were on their own to work alongside other children or beg for food or money to help support their families. The following pictures of solitary children are the pictures that most struck me. Though I normally say I hope you enjoy.. now I will say I hope these pictures cause you to think.
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Solitary (kattermonran.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (picturebandit.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Solitary (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (danajoward.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge:- Solitary (jfb57.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge:Solitary (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (gogreygirl.wordpress.com)