In continuation of my 31 days of randomness – Day 27 – List it – check it off – list it – check it off.
As you can see from my last 31 day blog, 26, I was a bit scattered. I am not sure how i was counting but apparently I was trying to shove day 26, 27 and 29 together. Not even sure what I did with day 28. No matter, I’m back, more inspired than ever and ready to get going. As I have come to realize that I’m very easily distracted and with so much going on and needing to be done, I’ve also come to realize that I need to resort to the dreaded/loved list method of managing my time and tasks. As much as lists can drive me crazy, there is just something that is satisfying about crossing off the chores and tasks and creating a semblance of order in what can end up being a super-chaotic countdown.
So in honor of that time of year, I am inspiring myself to make a list and check it twice and I hope I can inspire you to do that as well with some of the following lists and links to lists I have found. Enjoy.
1. Paula (email@example.com) has a great start up list for many different things you might find yourself needing to do in almost any situation. She also offers the opportunity to send her suggestions for new lists. Just click (LISTS) to find PDF files on checkoff lists ranging from health, packing and kids to weddings, beauty and moving issues.
2. This inspired me blogger offers 21 suggestions for success. Sadly some of these things you can only learn in retrospect.
3. Lists do not to all be of the “check-off” kind. You can create inspiration through song or movie lists that have caused you to move or change thought or energy levels such as Micheal Fear from Under 30ceo has done with this list of inspirational songs. After the initial top 10 he has about 50 others listed in honorable mention.
1. Live Your Life – T.I. [feat. Rihanna]
“But you know what, at the end of the road through all the adversity, if you can get where you wanted to be, you remember whatever don’t kill you make you stronger, and all of the adversity was worth it.”
2. Lose Yourself – Eminem (Explicit)
“Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity. To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?”
3. Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
“Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.”
4 . Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z [feat. Alicia Keys] (explicit)
“New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of. There’s nothin’ you can’t do. Now you’re in New York. These streets will make you feel brand new. Big lights will inspire you. Let’s hear it for New York”
5. Firework – Katy Perry
“You just gotta ignite the light, and let it shine. Just own the night like the 4th of July. ’Cause baby you’re a firework. Come on, show ‘em what you’re worth. Make ‘em go “Oh, oh, oh”. As you shoot across the sky-y-y”
6. Live Like We’re Dying – Kris Allen
“What would you wish you would’ve done. Yeah, we gotta start. Looking at the hands of the time we’ve been given. If this is all we got and we gotta start thinking. If every second counts on a clock that’s ticking, gotta live like we’re dying”
7. Billionaire – Travie Mccoy
“Oh every time I close my eyes. I see my name in shining lights yeah. A different city every night alright. I swear the world better prepare. For when I’m a billionaire”
8. Never Say Never – Justin Bieber
“And there’s just no turning back. When your heart’s under attack .Gonna give everything I have. It’s my destiny. I will never say never! “
9. The Story of Your Life – Matthew West
“This is the story of your life. You decide, how the rest is gonna read. This is your chance between the lines, to redefine what kind of legacy you leave”
10. One Step at a Time – Jordin Sparks
“You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet. Wonder when and where and how you’re gonna make it. You know you can if you get the chance.”
4. Still not inspired, why not take a peak at IMBd’s list of inspirational movies? You don’t have to agree with the movies chosen here and as a matter of fact it something you could create on your own and refer to when you feel you need to. There are about 20 more on the list, but this is a good start.
I guess my point is, I’m have been once again inspired to pull out the old pencil and paper and create my own list of things to do, movies to watch and songs to listen to. First thing on my list today is.. wake up.. where’s my cup o’ joe..
This all started from a random site I found called thenester.com. Apparently there is a group of people who have committed to posting a topical theme a day for 31 days. 31 Dayers 2012