In continuation of my 31 days of randomness – Day 19 will be a focus on stepping back and remembering or focusing on a time from the past.
There is a saying:
‘Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it’– –George Santayana
I agree with this saying but it in no ways indicates this will be a heavy post about historical mistakes made or interventions or recovery. I only started with that quote to mislead and well, I really like that quote. No this inspirational day is about remembering the best and forgetting the rest.
I know that we are all supposed to be living in the present and embracing it as well as looking toward the future.. BUT.. sometimes there are just things from the past that were too good to ignore. Now I wasn’t old enough to really have had a physical appreciation of the 70’s (and yes I know they weren’t all good.. that’s why my theme focus is on remembering only the best) but I love the music and the style from that generation.
If you say you don’t I won’t believe you. How could you not? Really if it wasn’t so great why does it keep coming back?
It’s not just the clothes and the hair and the music that I love, it might really be everything. Think of the emotions and the passion that emanated from that generation.
The music was what all future music bounced off of. So the 70’s brought us music, style, passion, dreams, weird predictions of the future. You can love it or you can hate it but I’m inspired to step back for a day and just enjoy it.
Friday line-up and Children’s Saturdays
There was two shows at the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival.
One was on stage. One was the people off stage
Of course there are a million more memories but I’ll stop for now. I wonder if tomorrow I might flash back to the 80s?
- 1970s Middle School Kids Look to the Year 2000 (neatorama.com)
- NFL Football in the Rowdy, Reckless 1970s (wnyc.org)
- Beauty Ads from the Seventies (bellasugar.com)
- Are We Stuck in the ’70s? (blog-aauw.org)
- 1970s Postcards (glamoursplash.com)
- 1970’s slideshow (shine.yahoo.com/photos)
- Erin Gray, Then and Now: An Interview (wired.com)
- Sha Na Na: From Woodstock to Waltham (metrowestdailynews.com)
- History of 20th Century Fashion (vivibelle.wordpress.com)
- This Halloween watch 5 horror classics from the 1970s (classicfilmexaminer.wordpress.com)