I have been off the charts for a bit and only have time for a quick update. I left Venezuela on December 16 and am very sad about it. It was a beautiful country full of great weather, great people from so many countries, and tons of great outdoor activities.
However, I’ve had an amazing time with the kids and grand kids I spent my first week with my family adjusting to a 30-50 degree temperature drop and got a bit of whatever disease was going around my hometown. (Being a hypochondriac most of my life, I’m sure I was on the brink of total physical and mental failure — needless to say a few antibiotics and some good old-fashioned home-remedies and I’m back on the move and feeling great!!).
We took some family photos from my favorite photographer (Alisha Southard – Haute Pink Photography), played at home and had an all-around good family spending quality time together. During my time at home I was able to get together with my all too busy sister and meet up with some high school friends as well. I met up with a junior high friend also and her four-year old son gave me a wash off tattoo of “tater” a character from “Cars” It was supposed to stay on for about 4 days. Two weeks later.. well.. I’m beginning to wonder if it might be permanent. I also had a lucky few minutes as a pirate with the same kid. AWESOME!!
January 7 my youngest daughter and grandson took off by AMTRAK leaving Spokane at 1:30 a.m. and hitting Chicago at about 3:00 pm on the 8th of January. My daughter left me in Chicago to go to Indiana to visit grandparents and I continued on to New York. I’m going to spend a few weeks here visiting friends and family and hoping to get some great photos of my favorite city in the world.
I’m due to hit D.C. in about a month and will once again have a computer. I’m guessing I will have some whirlwind updates at that time. For now, enjoy the following pics.. and for all my friends.. wish you could have taken the trip with me. I hope you enjoy.
Since the time I sold all of my belongings in Venezuela up until now I have not had a computer, an Ipad or any technological devices that would allow me to post. I have missed some great themes from the various theme makers I follow and so in an attempt to cheat (New Year’s Resolution is to NOT cheat anymore) I will combine some of my favorite themes that seem to fit my journey.
Travel Themes from “Where’s My Backpack” – “Festive”; “Transportation”
Weekly Photo Challenges from the Daily post – “Resolved”; “Surprise”
Sunday Post by Jake’s Printer – “Christmas”; “New Year”; “Goals”
The last three weeks have been amazingly full of resolutions and future Goals (don’t cheat, be happier, celebrate one good thing each day and always try to show appreciation for what others are doing for me and random acts of kindness). I was met with many surprises from physical gifts to surprise visits from high school and junior high friends. Nearly everything about my trip so far has been a festive delight. Transportation, easy one, 4 days on Amtrak from Spokane, Washington to New York – also a trip very festive and full of surprises AND a resolution to travel by train more often.
I hope you enjoyed my journey so far and look forward to settling down in D.C. for a few months of training. Peace for the new year.
Related articles and some of my favorite theme followers –
- Enjoy a relaxing trip on Amtrak (examiner.com)
- Sunday Post: Goals « patriciaddrury
- Goals and Resolutions | heartfelt images
- Sunday Post : Goals « restlessjo
- Incompatible Goals. « Luddy’s Lens
- SUNDAY POST: GOALS « Francine In Retirement
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Sunday Post ~ NewYear « Coffee with a Buccaneer
- Sunday Post- New Year 2013 « restlessjo
- New | The Serenity Space
- SUNDAY POST: NEW YEAR 2013 « Francine In Retirement
- Sunday Post: 2013 « patriciaddrury
- New Year’s Traditions In Ecuador « Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- A New Year is upon us… | Chronicles of Illusions
- Happy New Year 2013!! – The 2012 in Review (Sunday Post) « Writing Life in Words & Photos
- ‘Tis The Season In Bangkok! « The Urge To Wander
- Christmas Cards | Northern Narratives
- ‘Twas the night before Christmas | Thirdeyemom
- Christmas for Jake’s theme | Anotherdayinparadise2’s Blog
- Sunday Post: Christmas | Tea with a Pirate
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside | Canoe Communications
- Sunday Post: Christmas « patriciaddrury
- Travel theme: transport | Empressnasigoreng’s Blog
- Travel Theme: Transportation (December Day 15) « A year in the Life
- Travel theme: Transportation « Stefano Scheda
- travel theme: transportation « a nomad in the land of nizwa
- Ailsa’s travel photo challenge: Transportation « Sounds like wish
- Travel theme: Festive « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Festive: Ailsa’S Travel Theme… | Ouch!! My back hurts!!
- Happy Solstice, Festive Holidays! | Wind Against Current
- Travel Theme: Festive | a hectic life
- A Little Bit of Festive « Reading and Writing
- Travel Theme: Festive | Across the Bored
- Travel Theme: FESTIVE « Smart n Trendy MOM
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved. « A thousand words
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Resolved « A year in the Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved « Untold Contemplation
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Resolved « A Beginner
- Weekly Photo Challenged: Resolved « Express with Photos
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved | Only by the Night
- Weekly photo Challenge: Resolved « patriciaddrury
- Potted Potter | the girl with the twitchyface
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved | The Nameless One
- Last Thoughts: Resolved (the “I’m still trying to come from behind” WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge post) « The Positive Page
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolve « patriciaddrury
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved | this man’s journey
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Eat, travel, photograph
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: SURPRISE « Francine In Retirement
- Surprise « Stray Thoughts
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « Try 2B cool ‘n smart…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « To Mother Earth, with Love
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Surprise! « right in front of me
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « Pictures for Froghopper
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | My Thoughts like Balloons
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Ohm Sweet Ohm
- Weekly photo challenge ~ surprise | holistic complications
- Do you see what I see? | Beyond the Brush
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Surprise | Tea with a Pirate
- Weekly Photo Challenge: ‘Surprise’ « Brandon Bored
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | this man’s journey
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « Last Train to QVille
- Weekly Photo Challenge: SURPRISE « Smart n Trendy MOM
- a new year [sketch] | so i wrote
what a delightful and amazing assortment of images! i feel as if i know everyone, and know them well! the tatoo sounds like something that would happen to me, and i am sure that you smile to note that it’s lingering, and so is the memory of that moment!
thanks for the pingback! life here in ecuador is great, and i’m glad to see the cold weather through your eyes as i sit here with bare feet, windows and doors open, and perfect temperatures drifting through the house!
happy new year!
Thanks for stopping by. I just finished working 2 years in “perfect weather” Venezuela. It has taken some time adjusing to the weather. I love the imagery but would seriously rather be in flip flops sipping ice tea.. haha..
You don’t look convinced in that first shot! Love the winter outfit by the car in the snow and your little one’s face-plant in bed – you might enjoy trying out the new collage galleries in WP to highlight events – some great pix, welcome back, hope you’re feeling better and thanks for the ping back!
I will check out the new collage galleries. I’m a bit confused becuase I used to have options under my photo display and would sometimes use the gallery and sometimes the slideshow.. neither of which appear in my list of options. would love some guidance. Is it a widget? My photo display options appear limited and now I only appear to be able to put them all up with no options except for size…
Way too many improvements” in WP for my taste lately but here is what I can figure out:
You are best off uploading all the photos you would like to see in a collage gallery first;
Galleries (of those pix) can then be created when you start a New Post;
When in your new post, click add media which will take you to the Insert Media window (where all your photos are uploaded);
On the far left should be a list of 4 things under Insert Media – Create Gallery, Set featured Image,Insert from URL and Playlist Editor – Click Create Gallery;
This should open a new window titled Create Gallery;
Click on the pix you want – at the very bottom of the window on the left should be the # of pix selected and the corresponding thumbnails – there is also a Clear in red in case you want to take anything out of your selection;
on the bottom right hand side of the same window is a Create New Gallery button – click that when you are finished selecting your pix;
A new window titled Edit Gallery will come up – you can Edit, Add or drag and drop to re-order the – there are also settings on the right to say how many columns you want your gallery to have and a Types that tells you the format of the Gallery;
Click Insert Gallery and it will take you back to your post;
You won’t be able to see what the gallery looks like while working on your post – I suggest you save often and go into preview to see what the gallery actually looks like as it doesn’t always come out like you think it would…
This is an exercise that is best attempted when you have a little free time, few distractions and aren’t under any kind of rush to get a post completed – Took me a few tries before I was satisfied with it – Have fun and looking forward to your first gallery!
Finally back in my permanent training place and am really going to try to do some of this..especially the gallery and streaming. It seems like every time I learn something new the technology changes…wish me luck
So hard to keep up with technology ’cause there really aren’t enough hours in the day – best of luck!
Thanks so much.. slowly but surely…
Thanks for stopping by and the tips..
Precious photos of the babies. Thanks for the pingback.
BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!
They were in fact the highlight of my trip so far.. thanks..
what fun, good luck with your resolutions … i like the one about cheating!
That might be my toughest one to beat.. jeje thanks for visiting.
I did enjoy the pictures. Beautiful children.
Thank you and yes they are… I’m sure I’m unbiased..
What an awesome collection of photos, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for commenting.. I’m hoping to get my computer up and running in the next few weeks to post more regularly.. I’m loving what people put up through the holidays.. amazing world perspective.
A wonderful variety of images. 🙂 I love seeing photos of snow, which may sound silly to you however it is something I have never witnessed myself being an Australian. Thank you for the mention too, that is very kind of you.
No thanks for your awesome shots. I visited Rock Hampton and Brisbane in about 2005 and have been trying to get back since. I hope I can make it happen in the next few years. I thought Australia had some places with snow? Amazing country and I would love to get a chance to spend more time there.. enjoy the new year and thanks for commenting.
Spots in Victoria, Tasmania and Thredbo have good snow seasons however they are all on my wish list still. I’ve always headed to the tropics rather than the cold places for some reason.
We’ve missed you! But it’s so obvious you’ve been enjoying life. What a good-looking family you have, and such memories. Amazing amount of work gone into this post- thanks for your generous pings! And I love that shot looking up through the branches at the skyscrapers at night.
Until next time …
Have been having a great time.. after being back in the states and watching the news I am very thankful that I got the flu shot in venezuela.. nothing worse than a slight bronchial infection and the cold for me.. take care and stay healthy.. good to be back… even if only randomly for now.
Sounds like a great adventure. Looking forward to hearing more when you get up and running again. Now I have answered my own question… where you were travelling 😉
Pingback: Sunday Post: Goals…and the Writer’s Desk Competition « Positive Parental Participation