I have been off the charts for a bit and only have time for a quick update. I left Venezuela on December 16 and am very sad about it. It was a beautiful country full of great weather, great people from so many countries, and tons of great outdoor activities.
However, I’ve had an amazing time with the kids and grand kids I spent my first week with my family adjusting to a 30-50 degree temperature drop and got a bit of whatever disease was going around my hometown. (Being a hypochondriac most of my life, I’m sure I was on the brink of total physical and mental failure — needless to say a few antibiotics and some good old-fashioned home-remedies and I’m back on the move and feeling great!!).
We took some family photos from my favorite photographer (Alisha Southard – Haute Pink Photography), played at home and had an all-around good family spending quality time together. During my time at home I was able to get together with my all too busy sister and meet up with some high school friends as well. I met up with a junior high friend also and her four-year old son gave me a wash off tattoo of “tater” a character from “Cars” It was supposed to stay on for about 4 days. Two weeks later.. well.. I’m beginning to wonder if it might be permanent. I also had a lucky few minutes as a pirate with the same kid. AWESOME!!
January 7 my youngest daughter and grandson took off by AMTRAK leaving Spokane at 1:30 a.m. and hitting Chicago at about 3:00 pm on the 8th of January. My daughter left me in Chicago to go to Indiana to visit grandparents and I continued on to New York. I’m going to spend a few weeks here visiting friends and family and hoping to get some great photos of my favorite city in the world.
I’m due to hit D.C. in about a month and will once again have a computer. I’m guessing I will have some whirlwind updates at that time. For now, enjoy the following pics.. and for all my friends.. wish you could have taken the trip with me. I hope you enjoy.
Since the time I sold all of my belongings in Venezuela up until now I have not had a computer, an Ipad or any technological devices that would allow me to post. I have missed some great themes from the various theme makers I follow and so in an attempt to cheat (New Year’s Resolution is to NOT cheat anymore) I will combine some of my favorite themes that seem to fit my journey.
The last three weeks have been amazingly full of resolutions and future Goals (don’t cheat, be happier, celebrate one good thing each day and always try to show appreciation for what others are doing for me and random acts of kindness). I was met with many surprises from physical gifts to surprise visits from high school and junior high friends. Nearly everything about my trip so far has been a festive delight. Transportation, easy one, 4 days on Amtrak from Spokane, Washington to New York – also a trip very festive and full of surprises AND a resolution to travel by train more often.
I hope you enjoyed my journey so far and look forward to settling down in D.C. for a few months of training. Peace for the new year.
Related articles and some of my favorite theme followers –
- Enjoy a relaxing trip on Amtrak (examiner.com)
- Sunday Post: Goals « patriciaddrury
- Goals and Resolutions | heartfelt images
- Sunday Post : Goals « restlessjo
- Incompatible Goals. « Luddy’s Lens
- SUNDAY POST: GOALS « Francine In Retirement
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Sunday Post ~ NewYear « Coffee with a Buccaneer
- Sunday Post- New Year 2013 « restlessjo
- New | The Serenity Space
- SUNDAY POST: NEW YEAR 2013 « Francine In Retirement
- Sunday Post: 2013 « patriciaddrury
- New Year’s Traditions In Ecuador « Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- A New Year is upon us… | Chronicles of Illusions
- Happy New Year 2013!! – The 2012 in Review (Sunday Post) « Writing Life in Words & Photos
- ‘Tis The Season In Bangkok! « The Urge To Wander
- Christmas Cards | Northern Narratives
- ‘Twas the night before Christmas | Thirdeyemom
- Christmas for Jake’s theme | Anotherdayinparadise2’s Blog
- Sunday Post: Christmas | Tea with a Pirate
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside | Canoe Communications
- Sunday Post: Christmas « patriciaddrury
- Travel theme: transport | Empressnasigoreng’s Blog
- Travel Theme: Transportation (December Day 15) « A year in the Life
- Travel theme: Transportation « Stefano Scheda
- travel theme: transportation « a nomad in the land of nizwa
- Ailsa’s travel photo challenge: Transportation « Sounds like wish
- Travel theme: Festive « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Festive: Ailsa’S Travel Theme… | Ouch!! My back hurts!!
- Happy Solstice, Festive Holidays! | Wind Against Current
- Travel Theme: Festive | a hectic life
- A Little Bit of Festive « Reading and Writing
- Travel Theme: Festive | Across the Bored
- Travel Theme: FESTIVE « Smart n Trendy MOM
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved. « A thousand words
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Resolved « A year in the Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved « Untold Contemplation
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Resolved « A Beginner
- Weekly Photo Challenged: Resolved « Express with Photos
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved | Only by the Night
- Weekly photo Challenge: Resolved « patriciaddrury
- Potted Potter | the girl with the twitchyface
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved | The Nameless One
- Last Thoughts: Resolved (the “I’m still trying to come from behind” WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge post) « The Positive Page
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolve « patriciaddrury
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved | this man’s journey
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Eat, travel, photograph
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: SURPRISE « Francine In Retirement
- Surprise « Stray Thoughts
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « Try 2B cool ‘n smart…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « To Mother Earth, with Love
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Surprise! « right in front of me
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « Pictures for Froghopper
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | My Thoughts like Balloons
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Ohm Sweet Ohm
- Weekly photo challenge ~ surprise | holistic complications
- Do you see what I see? | Beyond the Brush
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Surprise | Tea with a Pirate
- Weekly Photo Challenge: ‘Surprise’ « Brandon Bored
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | this man’s journey
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « Last Train to QVille
- Weekly Photo Challenge: SURPRISE « Smart n Trendy MOM
- a new year [sketch] | so i wrote