Jakesprinter starts out this weeks Sunday Post theme with the following sentence.
Unforgettable means never to be forgotten, remarkable in a way that cannot be forgotten such as place, events or great memories.
With this sentence I got ready to refresh my memory and attempt to remember a very specific moment in my life that I could highlight with one or two simple pictures. I guess I am blessed at how many moments that just popped instantly into my head that would qualify to be listed under this one, simple word.
Trying to really narrow this theme down I decided to focus on the absolute ONE most important thing to me. Friends. The one thing that is most unforgettable to me are the friends that I have made in the past and still carry with me to the present. I’m good at maintaining contact with my friends and always seem to run into friends that have appeared to have been lost but were just no longer physically close to me. I love making new friends, but there is really nothing like the old ones. I’m fortunate to have had so many “lost” friends re-appear in my life.
However, there was one very dear and important friend that I just could not find. Out of all of my friends, this was the one person I had always wondered about. He was someone that was always sitting at the back of my mind. Just sitting there. A strange, empty weight. Lost to me for almost 24 years I had resigned myself to the fact that I would probably never find this person again. Yet somehow, magically I found this friend about 6 months ago. It has been an interesting reconnection with stories of lives lived in the time that has passed since our last meeting. Unbelievable stories that were at times incomprehensible to me.
Then there were the stories from our shared past. Back and forth went these histories with realizations and different interpretations and perspectives of the people, places and things that each of us had known in our own separate ways. Interpretations that were at times…incomprehensible to me. Regardless of the then and the now and the past and the present and all that is and was and.. ok you get it.. It’s been a blast reconnecting and I highly recommend everyone take the time and find an old lost friend. It has been so worth it. I hope you enjoy this photo from our recent get-together in Baltimore.
Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend. (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
A related article and a few of my favorite entries this week.
“Sometimes There’s No Friend like an Old Friend” – by Susan Krauss Whitbourne, wrote a great article about old friends being the comfort food of relationships and how to maintain these.
- Sunday Post: Unforgettable (patriciaddrury.com)
- SUNDAY POST : Unforgettable « Moving Notion
- Unforgettable ~ My Daddy (miljoanne.com)
- Sunday Post: Unforgettable | Ohm Sweet Ohm
- SUNDAY POST: Unforgettable (chikawithyeneyes.wordpress.com)
- One Of Many Unforgettable Travel Moments « The Urge To Wander
- Sunday Post: An Unforgettable Umbrella (piecesofstarlight.wordpress.com)
- SUNDAY POST : UNFORGETTABLE | tahira’s shenanigans
- Sunday Post: Unforgettable (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post: Unforgettable | cobbled toolbox
- Unforgettable day (thirdeyemom.com)
- Sunday Post: Unforgettable | Figments of a DuTchess
- Sunday Post: Unforgettable (viviankirkfield.wordpress.com)