This weeks photo challenge was: A day in my life. I’m going to actually expand it by a half day and make it a day and a half in my life. It was my birthday yesterday so I feel that this expansion is merited.
I’ve been studying diligently now for over a month and making great progress. I have been overdosing on Nepali language because when I went through the Spanish program I did NOT do so well and had to spend about 2 years being teased about my lack of ability in language. I’ve decided that this is NOT going to happen this time. What this has meant for me is about 5 hours straight of class time only to come home and spend between 3-5 more hours studying, creating flashcards, reviewing an electronic flashcard set I created, reading Nepali newspapers and on and on. I’ve been posting notes on walls, in notebooks and on my computer. I’m loving it, but it has been exhausting and has left little time for anything else. I do mean.. anything..
My birthday was on Saturday so I decided that on Friday I would ride my bike to school which would allow me to get some fresh outdoor, brand new spring like weather outdoorness. It was a brilliant idea. Got to school and felt great. Full of energy and enthusiasm. By the time I got home.. it was a little bit of a different story.
My very good friend Marcia decided that enough was enough and even though I wasn’t very keen on celebrating my birthday, I needed a break. She believes that birthdays are to be huge events that are celebrated to extremes. I am the opposite. I feel birthdays are days you should do what you want to do and pamper yourself or not. Because I have been loving learning the language, my plan was to just stay home and study. Her plan involved a gigantic dinner with friends around to celebrate the passing of yet another year. We made a compromise. We went to a nice dinner on Friday night and then spent most of Saturday afternoon shopping, drinking some wine and eating some cheese. All in all, it was a lovely day. She was right. I did need that break. I hope you enjoy.
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | Lucid Gypsy
- Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life (sonelcorner.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | Figments of a DuTchess
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In The (My) Life (3) | What’s (in) the picture?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life (patriciaddrury.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | The World Through My Camera Lens
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in the Life (stephaniemartinglennon.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ A Day In My Life | Scribbles of a Buccaneer
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life – A Little World (teepee12.com)
- no standing | yi-ching lin photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In My Life (lifeandink.com)
- My Awesome Saturday | Kari Neumeyer ~ Rhymes with Safari