The weather here as been amazingly inconsistent. When I saw, Lens and Pens by Sally‘s iPhonegraphy Challenge, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to celebrate the very few spring-like days we have had in the DC area. (p.s. today was NOT one of them as I nearly froze on my bike-ride to school.) I also really like the idea of supporting spreading the Earth Day message through random natural photography. So the following photos are the lovely examples of nature I have accumulated over the past week riding to and from school. I hope you enjoy my effort.
I loved Frames & Focus’s list of things she is doing to celebrate Earth Day 2013 and thought I would add a little of my own ideas.
Happy Earth Day! Things I am doing (or at least attempting to do) to celebrate Earth Day 2013:
- Continue to ride my bike to/from school. (even on bad weather days.. at least on nice days)
- Buy products that are natural or at least are packaged in recyclable containers.
- Learn to better understand what CAN and CANNOT be recycled.
- Donate some of my unused items to a Salvation Army or other entity in need.
- Contribute to a cause relating to some part of nature I love.
- Visit a farmer’s market after going on a nature walk.
- iPhoneography Challenge: Portraits of Nature for Earth Day (lensandpensbysally.wordpress.com)
- iPhoneography Challenge: Portraits of Nature for Earth Day (nosteptooloose.wordpress.com)
- Portraits of Nature (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- Happy Earth Day (naturalpantheist.wordpress.com)
- 10 Videos to Celebrate Earth Day 2013 (urbantimes.co)
- Celebrating Earth Day (unisourceworldwide.com)