The weather here as been amazingly inconsistent. When I saw, Lens and Pens by Sally‘s iPhonegraphy Challenge, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to celebrate the very few spring-like days we have had in the DC area. (p.s. today was NOT one of them as I nearly froze on my bike-ride to school.) I also really like the idea of supporting spreading the Earth Day message through random natural photography. So the following photos are the lovely examples of nature I have accumulated over the past week riding to and from school. I hope you enjoy my effort.
I loved Frames & Focus’s list of things she is doing to celebrate Earth Day 2013 and thought I would add a little of my own ideas.
Happy Earth Day! Things I am doing (or at least attempting to do) to celebrate Earth Day 2013:
- Continue to ride my bike to/from school. (even on bad weather days.. at least on nice days)
- Buy products that are natural or at least are packaged in recyclable containers.
- Learn to better understand what CAN and CANNOT be recycled.
- Donate some of my unused items to a Salvation Army or other entity in need.
- Contribute to a cause relating to some part of nature I love.
- Visit a farmer’s market after going on a nature walk.
- iPhoneography Challenge: Portraits of Nature for Earth Day (lensandpensbysally.wordpress.com)
- iPhoneography Challenge: Portraits of Nature for Earth Day (nosteptooloose.wordpress.com)
- Portraits of Nature (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- Happy Earth Day (naturalpantheist.wordpress.com)
- 10 Videos to Celebrate Earth Day 2013 (urbantimes.co)
- Celebrating Earth Day (unisourceworldwide.com)
Awesome nature shots! Love your list of what you’re planning to do to celebrate Earth Day! You just made me realize I also have some things I can donate to charity. Every little bit counts. Happy Earth Day, friend!
Exactly.. pay it forward.
Very nice set of images to celebrate Earth Day and nature’s majesty. Isn’t it wonderful that we each can contribute in various ways. We simply must commit to it. Happy Earth Day and iPhoneography Monday.
Thanks.. I agree..
Pingback: iPhoneography Challenge: Portraits of Nature for Earth Day | Lens and Pens by Sally
Nature at her glorious best! Lovely share for the day. I definitely do my share of walking, and we try to do all the other things too. 🙂
I think many people do try as well…
Great post to actually include some things you will do. We can each do little things that will help our earth! Thanks for the pingback.
Yes.. I thought it was a great idea from the originator of this theme..
Thanks.. I think the squirrel is my favorite.. hard to believe it was a phone camera..
Lovely images for this special day. 🙂
Thanks. I took a few more today.. usually I’m not much for flowers but after my time in Venezuela.. I’ve grown quite fond..
Some really wonderful pictures.
Thanks for visiting.. been tough blogging past couple of weeks due to training and other issues.. am going to try to add some local ones by this weekend.. beautiful place this DC is..