Is very close to where I live. It is near the central part of Kathmandu and only Hindu’s are allowed to enter the actual temple. Though the entire area is a photographer’s dream location. Ironically we were not planning on going there today and so unusual to my nature all I had on me today was my iPhone. The pictures came out nice but you can bet I’ll be heading back to take better pictures with my regular camera. The temple was built to worship the Lord Shiva and it sits next to the Bagmati river where cremations are held daily. Sometimes upwards of 50 a day.
Is located about a 10 minute drive from the Pashupatinath area. I was told it’s about 2000 years old. You are supposed to enter the area and walk clock-wise around the stupa where you will be able to see the eyes of the Buddha painted on all sides. It’s amazing with the masses walking around and stopping at all of the little stores set up on all sides. I’m looking forward to visiting both places again with my other cameras at the ready as well as a pile of small coins and bills to barter with the shopkeepers and buy small trinkets from the people wandering around with their wares.
- Religious Burning Ritual at Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu, Nepal (lifetoreset.wordpress.com)
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple) Kathmandu, Nepal (rfljenksy.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: infinite | nomad, interrupted
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite | Wind Against Current
- infinity | yi-ching lin photography
- Kathmandu (markallison55.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite | Oh, the Places We See . . .
- Swayambhunath Stupa; A shrine (toughpeopletopsecrets.wordpress.com)
- iPhoneography Challenge -The Crooked Spire (uniquesochic.com)
- Never-ending Landscape | Travel with Intent
- iPhoneography Challenge (uniquesochic.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: Infinite (Pointe-du-Hoc) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Space Infinite and Deep | Canoe Communications
- Phoneography Challenge, the Phone as Your Lens: Black and White
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite | Ese’ s Voice
- Infinity Reflected | Travel with Intent
- My.Vivid.Visions | Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite – Architectural Beauty
- weekly photo challenge – infinite | myguiltypleasures
- The Never Ending Story | Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite | My Thoughts like Balloons
- weekly photo challenge: infinite | Musings of a Random Mind
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite | The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic