“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”
― Stephen King, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption: A Story from Different Seasons
I had to participate in this week’s Travel Theme: Birds from Ailsa. In my last post I mentioned loving taking random non-posed pictures. Sometimes this goes very good for me and sometimes it results in me having to delete about 300 of my 500 random shots that didn’t produce anything.
HOWEVER, on the last hash I attended while walking through a field we startled a flock of birds and i clumsily grabbed my camera and shot off 7 photos and didn’t expect a thing. (Refer to “On On” post if you do not know what a hash is). Out of the 7 photos I took, the following photo came out pretty well. Thank you point and shoot.
A few other birds on this hike..
But really, the reason I love this theme is it reminds me so much of an old, old movie that horrified me as a child. Enjoy.
Yeah horrible graphics but still frightening. So to leave on a happier note..more birds.
- Travel Theme: Birds (kattermonran.com)
- Travel Theme: Birds | Ese’ s Voice
- 12-29-13 Travel Theme: Bird #2 (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Travel Theme: Birds | Foto Challenge
- Mingling with the Birds (playamart.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme-Birds | WoollyMuses
- Birds of a feather. (truemmerprinz.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Birds | Something to Ponder About
- Watching birdies | Le Drake Noir
- Birds of many different feathers (travelingmerci.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Birds | Northwest Frame of Mind
- Travel Theme: Birds | LoganBruin–An Unauthorized Autobiography
- Travel Theme – Birds | alien shores
- Travel theme: Birds | travels with toby
- Travel Theme: Birds | Postcards from
- Travel Theme, birds | Lucid Gypsy
- How Our World Would Look If You Were A Bird (keitochansays.com)
- Oh, to be a Bird! | Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- Birds – Ailsa’s WTT | Ouch!! My back hurts!!