Well, I usually don’t do this but I’m re-blogging one of my old favorite posts. This post was put together based on a contest that had already passed. I liked the idea so much that I decided to follow the post challenge and submit this blog based on that challenge. It’s still one of my favorite posts and I’m actually inspired to try to follow this idea on an annual basis. It was fun looking back and I want to thank the most recent commenter on this post who reminded me about it. Thank you blueribbonfair…
I hope you enjoy.
The Hostel Bookers 7 Super Shots photo challenge was held in January 2012. I wasn’t blogging back then but someone sent me the link thinking I might enjoy the challenge and they were correct. The photos highlighted on that site were amazing. I’m not competing in the contest obviously, but it was just a fun way to go back over some of the photos I have taken over the past few years and see what would fit where in each of the following 7 categories.
Even though I know that the contest is over, and you should also be aware of this, I wanted to participate whole-heartedly in this past contest that will reap me no reward other than my own personal satisfaction. So here goes. I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them and revisiting them.
For the purpose of the contest I had to choose 7 of my own photos, one for each of the following categories:
- A photo that…takes my breath away
- A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
- A photo that…makes me dream
- A photo that…makes me think
- A photo that…makes my mouth water
- A photo that…tells a story
- A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
I like some of the following blogs for their amazing photographs and style, others for their incredible wit and ability to entertain. Other’s largely because they offer guidance on some topics I am interested in, like food, travel and photography reviews. Finally, I feel these particular blogs have something to contribute to the blogging world and the world in general. So in no particular order, here are some of my favorites. I will probably edit the list to add more, but these are just off the top of my head. Thanks for reading all.
- 7 Super Shots (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Seven Super Shots Photo Challenge (themidwestmaven.wordpress.com)
- 7 Super Shots Photo Challenge (thekatekeeper.wordpress.com)
- 7 Super Shots by Hostelbookers (chrystal-clear.com)
- Seven Super Shots (huntingforbliss.wordpress.com)
- Photo Friday: 7 Super Shots (nodnsmile.com)