The Weekly Photo Challenge theme from Jake’s Printer was Toys. While in Florida my take on toys changed dramatically. Children’s toys come in all shapes and sizes and when you are talking about children, they also come in all shapes and sizes. Enjoy.
Here’s how the weekly photo Competition works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. Show the world based on your interpretation what you have in mind for the theme, and post them on your blog anytime before the following Sunday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. Subscribe to jakesprinter so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.
The Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge was easy this week. For the past couple of weeks I have been traveling. First to visit the Panama Canal and 2nd to Cape Canaveral, Florida. When I saw this challenge I immediately knew which photos I wanted to use. I hope you enjoy.
Tug Boat pushing Big Boat
Cargo Ship going through the canal
Raising the Big Fish
little boat big city – Panama
Cargo Ship smaller boat fishing boat
BIG. It’s larger than life, it’s unexpected, it’s the protagonist in a scene. It’s big. It often helps to have some normal object as part of the scene so people can understand the scale, as I did in this picture of a GIANT mortadella in the grocery store. It must have been 10 feet long.
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.
Valerie Andrews, A Passion for this Earth
“As a child, one has that magical capacity to move among the many eras of the earth; to see the land as an animal does; to experience the sky from the perspective of a flower or a bee; to feel the earth quiver and breathe beneath us; to know a hundred different smells of mud and listen unself- consciously to the soughing of the trees.”
Haute Pink Photography – Seattle Alki Beach
The best remedy for those who are afraid,
lonely or unhappy is to go outside,
somewhere where they can be quiet,
alone with the heavens, nature and God.
Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be
and that God wishes to see people happy,
amidst the simple beauty of nature.
I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. -Anne Frank