WoW!! Time has been rushing by so fast and at the same time it seems to have passed soooo slowly. I am down to about 10 class days left of a 7 month language program. Less than 3 weeks remain until I am on my way to Nepal and a whole new set of adventures. I also finally paid someone to scan all of my old photos onto a disk and have spent a significant amount of time looking at these instead of studying. So in honor of a break from my studies and my hopeful return to a normal life I wanted to share a photo from so long ago…
“a kiss blown is a kiss wasted
a true kiss is a kiss tasted
kisses bring germs and germs are hated
so come here babe im vaccinated.” – unknown
Terrible video and yet so funny…
Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~Author Unknown
Happiness is like a kiss – it feels best when you give it to someone else. ~Author Unknown
Saturday, February 16: The WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge is Kiss. There are a lot of ways to capture a kiss, between two people – lovers, family, friends; two animals, or even just the sending or receiving of a kiss.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss « Northwest Frame of Mind
- Weekly Photo Challenge :: Kiss (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss | Lucid Gypsy
- weekly photo challenge: kiss « a nomad in the land of nizwa
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss :-x} (chikawithyeneyes.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Kiss – Who Loves Ya Baby? « From the C-Sweet
- Weekly Photo Challenge: (Kiss) (brettfish.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss | steph’s scribe
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- “You just have to kiss the ball… like this” | Very Very
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Kiss « Simply Me
- Butterfly Kisses (wanderoneday.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss « ourmulticolouredlife
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss | Thirdeyemom
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Kiss « A year in the Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss « Drops of Ink
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Funny Kiss (canoecommunications.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (otherwise titled: The Girls at Work) (dharmadawgs.wordpress.com)
- “Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss” | Multifarious meanderings
- Kiss! « I solemnly swear i am upto no good!
I just happened to read about 3 different friends becoming grandparents recently and instantly knew what I was going to use to participate in Jake’s sunday challenge – Wonderful…
I can’t think of anything that makes me feel more wonderful, inspired and proud as when I think of my daughters and how amazing and beautiful they are in how they are currently starting their own job as being parents.
When I watch them with their kids and see how they are handling the toughest job in the world (parenting as if you didn’t know) I feel amazing, wonderful and proud. I cannot think of a better way to say this than through some of my favorite photos of them and their babies. I hope you enjoy.
- Sunday Post: Wonderful (patriciaddrury.com)
- SUNDAY POST: Wonderful (bopaula.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post: Wonderful (photovignettes.wordpress.com)
- The Child to Grandparent Connection (babyzone.com)
- Honor Your Elders – Celebrate National Grandparents Day with gifts for Gramps and Gran (theinsider.retailmenot.com)
- SUNDAY POST : Wonderful (amaltaas.wordpress.com)
- Why Grandparents Matter (interflora.co.uk)
- SUNDAY POST: Wonderful (shaanthz.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post: Wonderful (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Grandparents Day (4mothers1blog.com)
In continuation of my 31 days of randomness – Day 17 – Giving and promoting love and happiness.
So much of our lives are spent self-promoting. It’s a necessary part of our lives.. if we don’t pat ourselves on the back who will? In most of the jobs I have had I have had to write my own employment reviews and you learn how to give yourself credit where credit is due. Sometimes so much to the effect of not acknowledging or appreciating others. What is our purpose? What are we supposed to be doing?
What is this thing called life? How do we do this? Where do we start? What do we do? Need instructions? Here are some basics to go along with my 3 step recipe – 1. Breathe in. 2. Breathe out. 3. Repeat steps one and two.
I would only add one last imperative.. strive to make others happy.. show some peeps some love..
Today I am inspired to try to show the love to random people throughout my day. On the same note – I plan to show some “love” to some recent bloggers by introducing a few recent posts I enjoyed. Just 3 for today here. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
The first blog I ran into recently that i really enjoyed was based on my love of music and my appreciation for some of the same artists. All that I am all that I ever was posted Day #5: Some thoughts on mainstream music… and talked about some of her favorite mainstream artists. All of which are some of my favorite as well. It’s a very well written piece with good examples of the music video’s that represent her choices (Pink, Adele, Kelly Clarkson). You should take a peek at it. Even if just to listen to the music.
My 2nd choice for the day is entitled “Dare Ya!” by Single Again. It’s an inspirational post with photos and that embrace some poignant words about continuing to fly and embracing life. To inspire you to take a look – here’s how she starts out:
Have you been through a phase where you were consciously trying not to attach too much importance to anything that was happening to you, especially if what was happening was good? It’s so annoyingly ridiculous, isn’t it?
It’s like a defense mechanism, your rational self is trying to protect your emotional self from another disappointment. When you think you’ve hit rock bottom, you’re shocked to find yourself scraping even lower the next day…being ‘safe’ seems like the better choice. But what’s the point of having wings and never flying again. I don’t want my wings to wither away…
The 3rd blog I happened on by chance titled “All it takes is a smile” by Modern Philosophies. I really connected with this piece because it’s how I’ve lived much of my life ATA (after teen-age angst). I have smiled so much and so often that most of the time I don’t even know I’m doing it until someone comes up to me and asks what I’m up to. She ends her post with the following statement:
Happiness doesn’t need to be difficult, it shouldn’t be stressful, and it should always be thoughtless. Makes someones day better with a little smile and watch that one simple action start a train reaction.
It’s amazing how simple such a little act can be.. a simple curving of the lips in an upward direction and eye contact with that person. I dare you to try it as well.
Three of hundreds of great blogs to check out and be inspired by. The following video was one I loved to use in my Uni class while teaching in Korea. It was my challenge for my students to show where they thought the love was and how they could demonstrate it.. very amazing responses and changed attitudes. Enjoy.
- How To Make An Inspiring Music Video (blurtblog.net)
- Give a hug (freehugscampaign.org)
- Showing appreciation (zenfamilyhabits.net)
- 32 Ways to make em happy (zenhabits.net)
- How to hug (http://www.ehow.com)
- Making others happy (itsaruby.com)
- Operation hug (www.ogah.org)
- Day #5: Some thoughts on mainstream music… (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Dare ya! (foroneplease.wordpress.com)