This weeks weekly photo challenge at the Daily Post is: Mine. What is mine? I have to ask this question because as I look around me, almost everything in this house is NOT mine.
Over the past 20 years I have moved over 15 times. I have lost many things to breakage, misplacement, stuff left behind, stuff gave away due to lack of room in my packing and once even to complete water damage loss. I have had my home robbed 2 times in a 6 month period with a total loss each time.
Ok.. so it’s not the physical things. Family? Yeah my daughters will in fact always be mine.. but as in past posts I have also stated that your children are NOT your children. They grow up and go away. They are always in your heart but they are never truly yours.. really just a gift. Same with sisters, parents, grandparents, cousins.. etc.
Really it’s the same with friends. Especially for people of a transient nature such as I. Always in my heart but a gift that is meant to be enjoyed when possible.
Sunrises and sunsets. I see them both and enjoy them beyond measure. How could you not?
So if it’s not the people, places and things around me.. what is completely mine? The only thing I could really think of and the only thing that is with me all the time.. always in my head or in my ears or out of my mouth is my music.
The following is a song my youngest daughter and I changed the words to while in Korea.
Music is mine.. True others sing it and play it but I possess it. Love all kinds of music and it’s the one thing that has lasted through happiness, sadness, joy and tears. The following is a random sampling of cover music I really love. Enjoy.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | Wind Against Current
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « picture-bandit
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Mine « Memories are made of this
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | a hectic life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « The Laughing Housewife
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Ruined for Life: Phoenix Edition
- Mine: The WordPress Photo Challenge « right in front of me
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Last Train to QVille
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine – Joy and Woe
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | After the Engagement
- Weeky Photo Challenge; Mine « So where’s the snow?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | Ohm Sweet Ohm
- Weekly Photo Challenge – My Footprints | Canoe Communications
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Bouncing Beardies
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | The Serenity Space
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Mine | Just Snaps
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Mine « A year in the Life
- Mine | Thirdeyemom
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE : MINE « beyond toxicity
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine « Insanity at its best!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Mine | Lonely Travelog